HOW TO PRINT AND DISTRIBUTE YOUR POSTS AND ARTICLES
THERE ARE NO LIMITS TO HOW YOU CAN DELIVER GREAT CONTENT TO YOUR AUDIENCE
We are a "bit" old-fashioned when it comes to print media as an effective means of marketing. We do not believe it is dead. Print media and marketing has been around since Ben Franklin published Poor Richard's Almanac.
In recent years, however, it seems print media has gone to the wayside. Replaced by digital advertising, small businesses and corporations seem to be embracing social media as their new darling. Balderdash!
If your goal is to create engaging marketing pieces your target market will enjoy and find valuable, then maybe it is time to bring print media back into vogue.
Let's face it, there is nothing like holding something in your hand — a warm coffee cup, fuzzy blanket, or a good book (magazine, in this case).
To make sure we are clear, we aren't talking about wasting your money on those cold postcards everyone throws in the trash. We are talking about stunning magazine-style newsletters (we call them news-zines) that beg to be read by those who catch a glimpse of the front cover.
We are talking about publications designed to engage the reader, cultivate a relationship, and build trust.
Print media has worked for almost 290 years. It works for Fortune 500 companies. It works for small businesses. It can work for you.
You don't have to be a graphic design magician or writing wizard to create a publication suitable for print. Here are the couple of steps to help you create a print-style publication:
- Arrange your publication's pages in the order you would like them using the PDF editing software of your choice (Adobe, as a example).
- Once your pages are arranged to your liking, save your new creation as a print-ready PDF.
- Choose a short-run printer to print your publications. We have two that we recommend (see below), but you can use any company you prefer.
- Upload (or email) your PDF to the printer and choose your options (number of pages, type of paper, size, and more).
- You will receive a digital version of your publication as a proof. Comb over your proof for any errors or issues.
- If you like what you see in your proof, go ahead an order as many printed publications as you like. Like most things, the more you order, the more you save.
- Turnaround times range. They can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. While you are waiting for the physical copies of your publication to be shipped to you, start putting together your mailing list or distribution strategy. You can mail focused publications to an area you market (farm), former clients, prospects, or you can distribute to gas stations, human resource departments, chamber of commerce offices, and more (CLICK HERE FOR MORE).
- Once your beautiful publications have arrived in the mail, it is time for you to distribute them according to your plan.
- It is now time to celebrate and start putting together your next publication!
Below are a few ideas — PRINT MEDIA, FLIP-STYLE, DIGITAL DOWNLOAD — for printing, publishing, and distributing your posts, articles, and publications
We recommend starting with one of the strategies below and add more as you see fit.
PRINT MEDIA: REVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
Printing Costs & Providers of Printing Services
Interested in printing physical copies of your publications? We don't blame you! We do this all the time. As a matter of fact, print media is a huge part of our marketing strategy. There is nothing like feeling a physical product (like a book or magazine) in your hands.
There are a couple of short-run printing companies we use to provide us with high-quality materials at an affordable price, with quick turnaround times. Depending on quantity (how many publications we need for a project), determines what company we use.
If you are requiring 1-200 or less copies of your publication, Printing Center USA would be the best choice.
If you are requiring over 200-45,000 copies of your publication, Print Safari would be the best choice.
Both of these companies allow you to choose from a variety of options, including paper type and weight, sheen, coatings, etc... The upload and submission of your publication is also very easy — simply upload your PDF right into their software. A digital proof is delivered with 24 hours or you can opt for a physical proof of your publication.
Creating print publications is easier than you think when you combine any of our "ready to go" selections into one PDF before uploading your document to have Print Safari or Printing Center USA print your publications.
Our recommendation of these two companies is from our own, personal experience. We DO NOT have an affiliate arrangement with either of these companies. By keeping our opinions truly our own, we feel we are better able to provide a service that is genuinely honest and truthful. It's just how we roll.
FLIP-STYLE: DIGITAL MAGAZINES
Varieties & Options, Galore
Turning your publications into professional looking publications is a snap when you use a flip book software provider. When choosing a flip book software provider, the number one thing to consider is cost, of course.
With so many great options floating around the internet, it can be difficult to decide what service to use. We've outlined a few thoughts to consider when choosing to turn your content into a flippable, online news-zine.
- COST OF SERVICE: Flipping book software can run anywhere from FREE to THOUSANDS of dollars, depending on your needs. If you plan to publish your publications in this format, you can choose a company who charges "by the page" or a subscription-based provider. It is our recommendation to use a company who offers a FREE account, and then scale up from there, as your needs change.
- BENEFITS & LIMITATIONS: Of course, free accounts have limitations. CLICK HERE to see what a free flip-style, news-zine looks like. Notice the ad at the bottom of the page? With a paid subscription, those ads would disappear and there would be more you can do with your digital publication. In our opinion, free accounts (with companies like THIS ONE) work great and save you time and money. We use them and like them. We strongly urge anyone to do their own research before committing to anything.
Publishing your micro-publications, newsletters, online magazines, and news-zines in a flip-style format is a great way to share your content with your clients and prospects. Not only are flippable news-zines more engaging, they are unique — giving your business and brand an edge.
THE ABOVE PUBLICATION WAS PUBLISHED USING A FREE ACCOUNT FROM FLIPHTML5.COM. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEIR SERVICES IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING OUT OR CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT YOUR PUBLICATIONS CAN LOOK LIKE IN A FLIP-STYLE FORMAT.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD: THE GOOD 'OL PDF
Some Things Never Go Out of Style
Just like printed publications, PDFs are a standard that seem to withstand the test of time. The difference between the PDFs we create and the "typical" PDF is style. Our PDF and JPG micro-publications are created to be stunning magazine-style "words of art" that stands out from the sea of dull, lifeless PDF that lack flair and sophistication. PDFs are easy to add to your email campaigns, embed in your website or blog, and add to your social media accounts.
When you purchase one (or several) of products, you will receive it as both a PDF and JPG file. The JPG file is easily editable (read now to learn more) and can be saved afterwards as a PDF to deliver to your clients and prospects. Delivering content in this format is the easiest and most affordable option. It takes virtually zero computer skills and is free.
PUBLISHING AND DELIVERY MADE EASY
PRINT MEDIA — FLIP-STYLE — DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Whatever your method of delivery, the products you select from Stock Publications help you bring VALUE TO YOUR CLIENTS IN ENGAGING FORMATS and STYLES.
It's that ONE-TWO punch you've been looking for to generate more leads and engage your clients.